Monday, August 25, 2008

Growville Growers - Ravishing Roses

The Growville Growers guest speaker is Margaret McGregor,Vice President of the World Federation of Roses. You'll learn everything you will ever need to know about rose care. Apparently they need sunlight. I had grand plans to have a row of roses along the entrance to my place. Unfortunately the second rose I planted was overshadowed by some large trees. It didn't get any light. Consequently it turned into a stick.

When: Friday 5th September 2pm
Where: Rowville Library, Stud Park Shopping Centre, Stud Road, Rowville
Cost: Gold coin donation
Bookings essential phone 92941300

Cheers, Maryanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fine stick it was to. I also hear water adds to their longevity and floweing life.

Webgurl said...

For "the viewers at home", the stick lasted about 6 months until my Dad pulled it out when he was visiting my house. I'm sure it provided much amusement for the gardeners each fortnight. I wish I'd taken a photo of it.

Cheers, Maryanne