Friday, September 15, 2006

Storywriting Competition closes today

Well the Storywriting competition closes today so to answer all of your questions I thought I'd compose a little last minute FAQ section.

1. How can I get my story to you in time?

A. Stories may be submitted to any branch of Eastern Regional Libraries today, Saturday or Sunday. They can also be hand delivered today to the library administration building at 7B Eastgate Court, Wantirna South (behind the Knox City Council Offices).

In addition entries that have been postmarked today will also be accepted. Please take them into a Post Office to ensure they are postmarked with Friday 15th September.

2. How can I pay for my entry?

A. Registration fees per entry form are $5 - Open and $2 - Junior/ Teenage. We prefer payment for the entry in cash, however we can accept a cheque.

3. How do I submit my entry for the Local Award?

A. All Open entries submitted by residents within the City of Knox, Maroondah or the Shire of Yarra Ranges are automatically considered for the Local Award.

4. When are the winners announced?

A. The winners are contacted by phone before being publicly announced on the website & blog. There is no set date (it depends on the number of entries and the time taken to judge) however it usually occurs at the end of October/start of November. Once all winners have been informed they are announced on the library website and in the blog.

Good luck!

Cheers, Maryanne

No comments: