Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy 2000th blog post - what's happening with Web Services at ERL

With my 2000th blog post I wanted to share some things we're working on at the moment with the website and catalogue.


360 Search

In the next few weeks we will be offering 360 Search from SerialsSolutions. It is a federated search service, so you may search all of the online resources with the one search query.


New catalogue layout

I'm also working on the settings for a new catalogue layout. I will also be moving the web links section of the website over to the catalogue and building it up to become an information portal.


National Year of Reading
I'll be working on a National Year of Reading page to inform members about what we've got planned this year.


Newsletters
We're working on some new designs for the newsletters using MailChimp.


It's busy!


Cheers, webgurl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello webgurl, this sounds great! I am an online library student, wondering if SerialsSolutions is still being used? If so is there an online "how to" guide for its use? I am housebound so any online info would be appreciated... thanks so much :)

Webgurl said...

We didn't go ahead with Serial Solutions 360 as we were unable to set it up in a Consortium environment, so I don't have a guide. Have you had a look at the SS website - http://www.serialssolutions.com/en/services/360-core/resources

Best wishes
webgurl