Thursday, November 11, 2010

The library has a new website and it's blue for Movember

We're pleased to launch our new website today, it's a big change!

The infrastructure of the site is based on a Content Management System written by staff member David Funnell that we have previously used for our Intranet. David and I have worked together to adapt and develop it for our website. It will mean that several staff members can assist in keeping the content updated.




Quick catalogue search & member login

You'll notice the member's area on the left hand side. You can search for books, CDs, DVDs from there. Also login if you want to place holds and check your account.

What's happening at our libraries - Twitter feed

The What's happening at our libraries articles are now displayed as a feed from our Twitter account. I've also linked our blog to Twitter so whenever I publish a blog post it posts to Twitter and the front page of the website. So you'll always stay up-to-date. While I'm mentioning Twitter, do you have an account and have you followed us yet? @EasternRegional

Flickr photos of our libraries

I've set up Flickr accounts for all of our libraries and we've been uploading photos of libraries and activities. e.g. Yarra Junction Library

You'll find some of these photos featured on the branch pages.

Navigation

I've done a bit of work on the navigation, always trying to make it easy and clear.

Contact forms

I've added one new form for members to advise staff of a change of address.

Actually you can use the website feedback form to let me know what you think. Just click on the Contact link at the top right of the website. I'm tweaking a couple of things but I always want to know any issues you might be having.

Cheers, Maryanne

No comments: