Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Eastern Regional Library Show

Each Wednesday 12:05pm-12:45pm Lesley Conway does a radio show on Eastern FM 99.1 called The Eastern Regional Library Show. Just in from Lesley

On Wednesday's show

Memory is a fickle thing! Last week I said I would be talking about international travel, completely forgetting that I have done that earlier this year. So, today I introduced memories in the form of memoirs and biographies, some of my favourites, and all good reads.

The moon's a balloon by David Niven
My love must wait by Ernestine Hill (Matthew Flinders)
The life of Matthew Flinders by Ernest Scott
Songlines by Bruce Chatwin and also Anatomy of restlessness
Hear the train blow by Patsy Adam-Smith
My mothers house by Colette
The Frenchwoman's cookbook by Brigitte Tilleray

Last week's books:
The farm, by Richard Benson
Love over Scotland, by Alexander McCall Smith

Music on Wednesday:
The Perry Como Show 1943

Cheers, Maryanne

No comments: